Yeladim - Kindergarten
Yeladim is Hebrew for “children” and is for campers entering Kindergarten.
Yeladim campers move on to our outdoor campsite as special attention is given to transition while teaching values and life skills.
- Yeladim is stationed on the JCC campsite adjacent to our main building. Home base for each group is a designated picnic table under the giant “Yeladim tent.” Yeladim campers also come indoors for specific activities.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too for full day Yeladim campers! (We’ve heard Camp Yachad parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Professionally instructed sports programs (skills, drills and games), art, music, Jewish values, rock wall and much more.
- Special events and theme days such as Wacky Water Day, Israel Day, Carnival Day and more spice up the summer!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are included!
- Yeladim campers can spend the whole day with us Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or can opt for a shorter day from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
An adult Unit Director oversees Yeladim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (high school graduate or older) supervise each group. Junior Counselors (rising 11th and 12th graders) and Counselors in Training/CITs (rising 10th graders) support each group.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.