Shorashim - 5th - 8th Grades
Shorashim is Hebrew for “roots” and is for campers entering 5th - 8th grades.
Shorashim is for those campers who want a traditional day camp program interspersed with day trip experiences.
- Shorashim campers will travel three days a week (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) and be onsite at the JCC two days.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- One day trip a week be a skill-building experience where campers can build confidence while learning a new skill or honing an existing one, e.g., canoeing, a cooking experience, Trailside Nature and Science Center, fluke fishing and lots more!
- When at the JCC, Shorashim campers will enjoy swimming, rock wall, sports and art.
- Get this…lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Shorashim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are back from day trips for a 4:00 p.m. departure from the JCC.
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or older) trained in travel procedures work directly with campers.
Check out these great options!
Shorashim campers can split their time between JPAC, our performing arts camp, Maccabi Sports Camp or TEKI STEAM camp.
Click here to check out JPAC
Click here to check out Maccabi Sports Camp
Click here to check out TEKI STEAM
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.