Sabra - 2nd and 3rd Grades
Sabra is Hebrew for “native-born Israeli” and is for campers entering 2nd and 3rd grades.
Create your very own summer adventure in Sabra - the best of traditional day camp combined with your choice of rockin’ electives!
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Climb, balance, swing and zip through our rock wall and Ropes Adventure Course!
- Campers also enjoy gymnastics at Surgent’s Elite Gymnastics in Westfield for two productive and fun-filled periods. (Surgent's is a short bus ride away from the JCC.)
- PLUS the Sabra elective program lets campers select the activities they love most. Campers select a first and second elective choice each Monday and do their assigned elective for one period all week.
- The list of electives might include sports (baseball, basketball, soccer), performing arts (dance, improvisational theater), music (musical theater, guitar, songwriting), art (drawing, painting, jewelry, wearable art, tie-dying), science (cool chemistry, rocketry), spy camp, photography, journalism and Israeli culture.
- Special events and theme days are a big part of the Sabra calendar including Wacky Water Day, Israel Day, Carnival Day and more!
- 3rd grade Sabra campers get to experience sleepaway camp with an optional one-night overnight (session one only) to Camp Nah-Jee-Wah.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Sabra campers enjoy camp Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director oversees staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (high school graduates and older) supervise each group. Junior Counselors (rising 11th and 12th graders) and Counselors in Training/CITs (rising 10th graders) support each group.
Check out these great options!
Sabra campers can split their time between traditional camp, JPAC, our performing arts camp, Maccabi Sports camp and/or TEKI STEAM camp.
Click here to check out JPAC
Click here to check out Maccabi Sports Camp
Third grade Sabra campers can also spend some of their camp weeks in Olim, our hybrid onsite/travel program.
Click here to check out Olim
Click here to check out TEKI STEAM
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.