Olim - 3rd and 4th Grades
Olim is Hebrew for “settlers” and is for campers entering 3rd and 4th grades.
Olim is the best of both worlds: a great traditional day camp experience and an awesome taste of travel camp.
- Campers are at the JCC three days per week and traveling two days per week to great places like a baseball game or the zoo…just to name a couple.
- Everyday kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- Olim campers get to create their own camp experience with a choice of innovative electives that they enjoy three times each week for a two-period block.
- Electives may include basketball, soccer, gaga, theater arts, dance, fine arts and science.
- Campers will also head to the campsite for rock wall and jumpers - a new camp favorite!
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Each session, campers can experience an overnight. See below.
- Get this...lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Olim campers enjoy camp Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2019 Olim Overnight Trips: NJY Camps and JCC Overnight (all trips subject to change)
An adult Staff Unit Director and Assistant Unit Director oversee Olim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or higher) trained in travel procedures work directly with campers.
Check out this great option!
Olim campers can also split their time between traditional camp, JPAC, our performing arts camp and/or Maccabi Sports Camp.
Click here to check out JPAC
Click here to check out Maccabi Sports Camp
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.