Megalim - 1st Grade
Megalim is Hebrew for “discoverers” and is for campers entering 1st grade.
Megalim campers take a big step up as they get to experience new and different specialty activities.
- Megalim campers enjoy a structured outdoor camp program and come indoors occasionally for specific activities.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Professionally instructed sports programs (skills, drills and games), art, music, Judaica, cooking, rock wall, gaga and ropes course.
- PLUS now that they are in Megalim, campers enjoy gymnastics at Surgent’s Elite Gymnastics in Westfield for two productive and fun-filled periods. (Surgent's is a short bus ride away from the JCC.)
- Special events and theme days such as Wacky Water Day, Israel Day, Carnival Day and more spice up the summer!
- A Rockin' Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are included!
- Megalim campers enjoy camp Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director oversees Megalim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (high school graduates or older) supervise each group. Junior Counselors (rising 11th and 12 graders) and Counselors in Training/CITs (rising 10th graders) support each group.
Check out this great option!
Megalim campers can split their time between traditional camp and Maccabi Sports Camp weeks 3 - 6.
Click here to check out Maccabi Sports Camp
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.