Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) - 9th Grade
Making the transition from camper to leader, the L.I.T. program is for campers entering 9th grade.
Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) is a hybrid program that provides both a great travel camp experience and valuable hands-on leadership instruction.
- L.I.T.s will alternate their weeks of camp between being a counselor intern (specific group and specialty) and as a travel camper which includes one extended (4 nights/5 days) overnight trip per 4 week session.
- During counselor internships, L.I.T.s work independently and as part of a leadership group honing communication skills, developing trust and engaging in creative thinking with professional speakers and facilitators.
- L.I.T.s who successfully complete at least one 4-week session of the program have first priority to work at Camp Yachad the following summer as a Counselor in Training (C.I.T.).
- L.I.T.s will learn about games and activities that engage young campers; they will learn how to work with peers and supervisors, and they will learn leadership styles and approaches, time management, communication and organization skills.
- Get this...lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included.
L.I.T. Sample Overnight Trips: Myrtle Beach, Cape Cod/Boston (all trips subject to change)
An adult staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee L.I.T.s at the JCC. An additional staff member joins them for the extended overnights.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.