COMMUNITY SOCIAL WORKER
Hours/Week: 20 (Overtime-Exempt)
The Community Social Worker improves the well-being of participants in the JCC of Central New Jersey Senior Adult Program through outreach and education, identification of clients’ needs, counseling and discussion groups.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Licensed by state board according to regulatory procedures
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW) preferred
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple cases
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Ability to travel to meet with clients
- Motivation to take on additional community involvement projects and solve problems
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate current programs and services
- Create programs and services to benefit clients and community
- Assess clients’ needs and develop strategies to help
- Provide support and resources for clients
- Respond to crisis situations that affect vulnerable individuals
- Listen and provide counseling
- Advocate and raise awareness on behalf of clients and the needs of the community
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to provide optimal services to clients
- Collect, track and interpret data
- Participate in health fairs and events in the community
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team with families and staff
- Relate well to older adults
- Willingness to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the JCC’s philosophy and goals
- Ability to lead and facilitate groups
Please send resumes to Connie Oley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFEGUARDS AND SWIM INSTRUCTORS (Part-time positions)
The JCC of Central NJ seeks qualified part-time lifeguards and swim instructors . Certification requirements: current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and/ or Water Safety Instructor (WSI). We are hiring mature and responsible lifeguards now for all shifts - including days, evenings, weekends and “Early Bird” (Early Bird defined as weekdays 5:45 AM, $15/hour). As an American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Authorized Provider, we are also looking for energetic, experienced, Red Cross certified WSI’s to join our swim lesson teaching team. We offer flexible scheduling, and competitive compensation. To apply, please contact Kim Koza at email@example.com or 908-889-8800 x259. For more information about the JCC of Central NJ, please visit www.jccnj.org
The JCC of Central NJ promotes a diverse workforce where all employees are treated fairly. All employees must work together with mutual respect. The Center complies with all applicable state and federal laws and expects employees to do the same.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Center provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable laws. The Center does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other class protected under applicable law. The Center will take action to ensure that all employment practices are free of such discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to: hiring, promotion, demotion, training, transfer, recruitment, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, and compensation.