SPORTS LEAGUE DIRECTOR
The JCC of Central NJ seeks a dynamic and energetic candidate to coordinate youth and adult sports leagues. The part-time schedule is typically Sundays (8am – 5pm), and Mondays – Thursdays (late afternoons to evenings), at an average of 20 hours per week. Youth sports coaching/instructional experience is a plus. This part-time position has potential to expand to a benefit-eligible, full-time (40 hours/week) position. Candidates with youth sports instructional experience are encouraged to inquire for more information about full-time employment, if interested.
Summary of Position:
- Coordinate and facilitate all JCC leagues including but not limited to youth basketball (fall/winter), men’s basketball (fall/winter; spring/summer), men’s softball (spring/summer) and adult pickle ball programs
- Part time staff: scorekeepers, gymnasium supervisors, softball league commissioner
- Volunteers: coaches (youth basketball), captains (men’s basketball/men’s softball)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare and monitor league budgets
- Oversee formation youth basketball teams; work with men’s team captains to form men’s league teams
- Schedule games internally and externally for all leagues
- Coordinate with vendors to purchase supplies, athletic equipment, team uniforms, awards
- Coordinate with youth basketball league partners
- Coordinate with Fanwood, Scotch Plains and Westfield townships to secure softball field use
- Schedule all officials (referees/umpires)
- Oversee staff payroll
- Recruit and supervise part time staff for score keeping, gym supervision and volunteer coaches
- Coordinate fall (September/October) clinics for youth basketball participants
- Coordinate youth basketball coach onboarding and training
- Schedule and staff pickle ball program
- Work closely with the JCC Marketing Department to help recruit and promote the youth and adult leagues through our website, email and local partners
- Maintain daily/weekly communication with players (as needed), parents, staff and volunteers.
MUSICAL DIRECTOR FOR YOUTH THEATER PERFORMANCE
Musical Director will participate in auditions, callbacks and all rehearsals. Musical Director will also lead the band during three performances. To apply, please contact Dana Schoenbach at dschoenbach.jccnj.org or 908-889-8800 x203.
The JCC of Central NJ seeks a dependable female porter with custodial experience. General duties will include cleaning/janitorial, restocking of restrooms, as well as other related tasks. Commercial building custodial experience is a plus. There will be immediate consideration for qualified candidates. Part-time to full-time w/ benefits opportunities. To apply, please contact Jeanne Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 908-889-8800 x214. For more information about the JCC of Central NJ, please visit www.jccnj.org
LIFEGUARDS AND SWIM INSTRUCTORS (Part-time positions)
The JCC of Central NJ seeks qualified part-time lifeguards and swim instructors . Certification requirements: current American Red Cross Lifeguarding and/ or Water Safety Instructor (WSI). We are hiring mature and responsible lifeguards now for all shifts - including days, evenings, weekends and “Early Bird” (Early Bird defined as weekdays 5:45 AM, $15/hour). As an American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Authorized Provider, we are also looking for energetic, experienced, Red Cross certified WSI’s to join our swim lesson teaching team. We offer flexible scheduling, and competitive compensation. To apply, please contact Kim Koza at email@example.com or 908-889-8800 x259. For more information about the JCC of Central NJ, please visit www.jccnj.org
The JCC of Central NJ promotes a diverse workforce where all employees are treated fairly. All employees must work together with mutual respect. The Center complies with all applicable state and federal laws and expects employees to do the same.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Center provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable laws. The Center does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other class protected under applicable law. The Center will take action to ensure that all employment practices are free of such discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to: hiring, promotion, demotion, training, transfer, recruitment, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, and compensation.