Chaverim - 18 months - 4 years
Chaverim is the Hebrew word for “friends” and is for campers ages 18 months – 4 years of age.
In Chaverim, we welcome new campers into our Camp Yachad family with age-appropriate activities designed specifically for preschoolers.
- Campers spend their days in a nurturing, structured indoor/outdoor camp environment.
- Home base for each group is inside our preschool wing so our littlest campers are protected from the summer heat.
- Each day is kicked off with their very own spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity.
- American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in our indoor pool. (We’ve heard parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Campers can romp around in our J2O zero-entry outdoor pool with splash ground fun!
- Chaverim days are filled with exciting and fun age-appropriate activities including sports, arts, music, TumbleJam, martial arts, gymnastics and more!
- Special events and theme days are an important part of Chaverim, complete with entertainment, carnival inflatables and more!
- Get this...door-to-door transportation (for ages 3+), lunch and snacks are included!
- Each week finishes up with a Chaverim-only lively Shabbat celebration with songs and dancing!
Adult Unit Directors oversee staff and campers. Adult Senior Counselors, who are certified teachers (college juniors/seniors studying education in the 4s), supervise each group. Adult Assistant Counselors (high school graduates), Junior Counselors (rising 11th and 12th graders) and Counselors in Training/CITs (rising 10th graders) support each group. Professional specialty instructors are also on-hand to make your child’s summer day camp experience the best it can be!
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members. For more information about membership, click here.