Chalutzim - 7th and 8th Grades
Chalutzim is Hebrew for “pioneers” and is for campers entering 7th and 8th grades.
Week-long trips to amazing destinations are a huge highlight of this adventurous travel experience for middle schoolers.
- Each day begins with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity.
- Teens travel five days a week! Weeks will alternate between day trips and extended overnights.
- A sample of day trips include a Major League baseball game, the beach, a Broadway show and lots more!
- Extended overnights are 5 days/4 nights.
- When campers return from a trip, they will have regular activities or rec swim if there’s time before the day is over.
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Chalutzim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are typically back for a 4:00 p.m. departure during weeks with day trips. During day travel weeks there is always one late night.
Sample Chalutzim Overnight Trips: Maine, Virginia Beach, Disney, Finger Lakes (all trips subject to change)
An adult staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced college-aged Senior Counselors trained in travel procedures work directly with campers.
Check out these great options!
Chalutzim campers can split their time between travel camp, JPAC, our performing arts camp, Maccabi Sports Camp and/or TEKI STEAM camp.
Click here to check out Travel Camp
Click here to check out JPAC
Click here to check out Maccabi Sports Camp
Click here to check out TEKI STEAM
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.