All Day and After School with the J
All Day and After School with the J will combine childcare with online learning for elementary school students.
The program follows the Scotch Plains-Fanwood school district calendar.
- Students will complete their online learning with additional support and have a chance to be a kid with access to our pool and campsite.
- Students will be in groups based on current state guidelines with staff members who can help them with distance learning, time management and technology issues.
- Each child is required to bring their own laptop/device and headphones/earbuds.
- We will provide meaningful “brain breaks” and a snack daily. It can be hard work to engage digitally all day and we will break that up for them as their schedules allow.
- Daily time outside on the campsite and weekly free swim, art, STEAM, and sports are all included.
Space is very limited. Your commitment entitles your child to a limited number of spots in their group. You can choose a flexible schedule that works for you, but due to grouping constraints and limited capacity, there will be no price adjustments and no cancellations permitted until the school district makes a change to their plan. Early pick-up can be coordinated with preschool siblings.
Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
As in the past, rates have been calculated based on the 10-month school year. We will however readjust if/when the schools readjust their schedules. When you make a commitment to After School this year, you are committing to keeping the same schedule until the schools make a change. Due to limited spots and social distancing requirements, we are not allowing schedule changes. Priority enrollment will be given to those currently enrolled in After School and families selecting the five-day option.
You opt to have your child in a virtual school program 5 days/week at the JCC
Offers coverage for 5 days/week - virtual days at the JCC and after school on in-person days
Virtual days only at the JCC – alternating 2 or 3 days/week
After school 5 days/week, drop off after 12:45 p.m.
After school on in-person days – alternating 2 or 3 days/week
*Each option requires a minimum of a Youth/Teen Membership at $34/month
Pricing based on 10 months and 180 days of school
Questions? Contact Holly Friedman, After School Director, at [email protected].