Indoor Pool Hours and Protocols
Beginning Tuesday, September 8
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Indoor Pool Protocols and Procedures
Pool Attendance and Scheduling
- The pool is for members only, no guests will be permitted.
- Whether you are using the pool for family time or lap swimming, you MUST schedule your time.
- Pool times can only be scheduled as early as one week in advance.
- Swim sessions will be scheduled in 45-minute increments. The lifeguard will blow their whistle to clear the pool at the end of the 45-minute time frame.
- You must leave directly after your swim so the lifeguards can disinfect the pool area for the next group of swimmers.
- No walk-ins allowed.
New Pool Rules
- During adult lap swim time there will be one person per lane. There will be signs telling you where to enter and exit the pool.
- During family swim, three families will be allowed in the main pool
- You will enter the indoor pool from the JCC locker rooms.
- You and your family are required to wear face masks/coverings when entering the building.
- Upon entering the JCC, your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked a set of health screening questions.
- You will be required to wear your face mask/covering on the pool deck but not in the water.
- Please observe 6-foot social distancing guidelines while in the pool area.
- When your swim is over, you will exit the pool through the side pool door.
- Locker rooms are available for bathroom use only. There is NO changing or showering in the locker rooms. You must come to the JCC and leave the JCC in your bathing suit. When the weather gets colder you will be allowed to change in the locker room only.
- When going into the locker room you must wear shoes and your face mask/covering.
- You must showers before entering the pool. (There is a shower on the pool deck.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use on the pool deck.
- The JCC will not be supplying pool noodles, goggles, kick boards or pull buoys.
- The JCC will provide puddle jumpers which will be disinfected after each use.
- You may bring your own pool equipment.
- Pool rafts are not allowed.
- There will be no towel service.
- If thunder/lightening is heard or seen, the pool will close for the remainder of the day.
- If the forecast calls for bad weather, a decision about the pool opening will be posted on the JCC website.
- We ask that you respect the lines painted around the lifeguard chairs; these lines allow for six feet of separation. Please do not cross into the social distancing square when approaching a guard.
- Lifeguards are not required to wear a face covering while they are on the stand.
- Lifeguards will be wearing face coverings when they are not actively engaged in member surveillance (rotating between stations, at the guard table, etc.) in order to protect themselves and protect our members.
- Don’t worry…they are wearing smiles under their face coverings!