Transitional Kindergarten and Full Day Kindergarten
Bridges - Transitional Kindergarten
- This exciting and progressive program is now at the JCC. Transitional Kindergarten, for children that miss the kindergarten age cut-off and children who may benefit from an extra year before moving on to kindergarten, is designed to enhance readiness for kindergarten learning.
- We will support children’s love of learning and offer encouragement in areas that help develop social, emotional and academic skills needed to succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
- Project-based learning units will frame the direction and scope of the curriculum in this innovative program.
- The JCC’s full-day kindergarten is the perfect combination of progressive academic learning and a warm, nurturing environment.
- The curriculum focuses on the whole child.
- Reading and literacy skills are developed through guided reading, phonemic awareness, shared reading, interactive read-alouds, creative writing and the integration of other disciplines into the reading world.
- Everyday Math provides a hands-on approach to mathematics. Social Studies and Science stem from the children’s natural curiosities and take a project-based learning approach.
- Jewish values, stories and culture are celebrated in kindergarten.
- Students participate in art appreciation, physical education, music and swim instruction.
- Kindergartners are our school’s “seniors” who learn to be responsible, accountable members of the JCC school community. They are well prepared with a strong foundation to enter first grade.
Click here for a great article about Kindergarten Readiness written by our Early Childhood Director, Robin Brous.
To schedule a school visit, contact Randi Sosny-Handler, Early Childhood Program Supervisor, at 908-889-8800 x232 or email@example.com for infants and toddlers through preschool 4s and Mindy Katz, Early Childhood Learning Coordinator, at 908-889-8800 x265 for Bridges and Kindergarten. School visits are Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. A school visit and tour of the JCC runs about 45 minutes.