Transitional Kindergarten and Full Day Kindergarten
Bridges - Transitional Kindergarten
- This exciting and progressive program is now at the JCC. Transitional Kindergarten, for children that miss the kindergarten age cut-off and children who may benefit from an extra year before moving on to kindergarten, is designed to enhance readiness for kindergarten learning.
- We will support children’s love of learning and offer encouragement in areas that help develop social, emotional and academic skills needed to succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
- Project-based learning units will frame the direction and scope of the curriculum in this innovative program.
- The JCC’s full-day kindergarten is the perfect combination of progressive academic learning and a warm, nurturing environment.
- The curriculum focuses on the whole child.
- Reading and literacy skills are developed through guided reading, phonemic awareness, shared reading, interactive read-alouds, creative writing and the integration of other disciplines into the reading world.
- Everyday Math provides a hands-on approach to mathematics. Social Studies and Science stem from the children’s natural curiosities and take a project-based learning approach.
- Jewish values, stories and culture are celebrated in kindergarten.
- Students participate in art appreciation, physical education, music and swim instruction.
- Kindergartners are our school’s “seniors” who learn to be responsible, accountable members of the JCC school community. They are well prepared with a strong foundation to enter first grade.
JCC Kindergarten Exploration Program (half-day p.m.)
The JCC's Kindergarten Exploration Program is a half-day afternoon kindergarten program for students enrolled in morning public school kindergarten. This program will focus on project-based learning units in science and social studies related topics. The program will encourage students to apply emerging literacy and math skills that are being acquired in their morning program as they explore the world around them as individuals and in learning groups.
Children will be transported from Lincoln school via JCC school bus. They will have lunch at the JCC with their teacher and then proceed to their classroom at 12:30 p.m. The program runs until 3:00 p.m. Art studio time, one eight-week instructional swim session and weekly Discover Catch gym program will be incorporated into this kindergarten class.
Click here for a great article about Kindergarten Readiness written by our Early Childhood Director, Robin Brous.
Visit Our School
We would love to give you a tour of our school so that you can see us in action. Visits are typically scheduled weekday mornings beginning at 9:30 a.m. To schedule a visit or to get information now for infants/toddlers, preschool or kindergarten, please contact Robin Brous, Early Childhood Director, at 908-889-8800 x204. (A school visit and tour of the JCC runs about 45 minutes).