After Care and Vacation Day Programs
After School at the J 2019-20 is open!
We recommend that if you are unsure of your fall schedule, you still sign up now.
If you wait until later in the spring/early summer to sign up, your child could potentially be wait listed.
Please note: There is a $75 registration fee, per child, required at the time of registration.
We have after school covered for 2 year olds - 8th graders!
- After School at the J provides a structured, enriching, safe and supportive environment with the benefit of all that the JCC facilities have to offer.
- Students arrive at the JCC on our supervised buses and meet their age group teachers and assistants for snack and homework time. JCC preschooler's days will be extended in an age-appropriate classroom.
- Children participate in electives offered daily. An array of programs including (but not limited to) art, theater, music, sports, and cooking are offered in one of the JCC program areas.
- Our after school program has use of the full-sized gymnasium, outdoor play spaces, art studio and more!
- Students are served a healthy snack each day and are under the supervision of certified teachers and qualified assistant teachers. Each group maintains high student to staff ratios under the guidelines of our Children's Services state-licensed programs.
- Transportation is provided from all Scotch Plains and Westfield public schools as well as St. Bartholomew’s (Scotch Plains) to the JCC.
- FLEXIBLE PICK-UP TIMES: 4:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. or a 6:30 p.m. option!
- We also provide flexible hours and pick-up when schools dismiss early for half days.
We want to accommodate any changes in schedule or emergencies, so two FREE additional days will be built into every month for each child.
There will be a $40 fee (per child) for each day added beyond the two free days.
We want to be sure that we provide coverage when school calendars call for half days. If your child is not scheduled at After Care at the J on a public school half day, no problem...he or she can certainly attend.
There will be an additional fee as follows:
$60 if your child attends until 6:00 p.m.
$35 if your child attends until 4:30 p.m.
A $75 non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of registration.
Flexible scheduling on a month-to-month basis will be on a case-by-case basis.
Religious School Bus Service
We also offer weekly safe and reliable transportation to Hebrew school (Temple Sholom, Temple Emanu-El and Congregation Beth Israel). Choose the day you need and your child will arrive at the JCC, have a snack and then take a chaperoned bus to their Hebrew school.
Vacation Day Program
No school? No problem!
JCC Vacation Days are a great way for your preschooler, elementary or middle school to spend the day during school vacations. Our programs are open when school is closed (with the exception of major Jewish holidays). We offer sports, art, science, specialties and so many more activities right at our JCC facility which includes a full-sized gymnasium, indoor pool, art studio and Early Childhood classrooms. JCC students enrolled in our preschool, kindergarten and After School at the J receive JCC member rates. After School at the J participants may stay until 6:00 p.m. at no additional charge. Vacation Day programs for ages 2 through 4 are from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and kindergarten - 6th graders go from 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
Vacation Day Schedule
Stay tuned for the 2019-20 Schedule
All Vacation Days
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. for all ages
Price: $60, Member Price: $50
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for all ages
Price: $70, Member Price: $60
Lunch available for purchase $5
Early Arrival and Late Stay also available for all ages!
Early Arrival: 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Price: $20, Member Price: $15
Late Stay: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Price: $40, Member Price: $30
Early Arrival and Late Stay fees are waived for After School at the J or JCC Preschool Early Arrival participants.
Questions? Contact Natalia Bennett at email@example.com.