Tuesdays • October 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12, 19 • 5:45 - 6:30 p.m.
This program will help individuals recovering from cancer treatment by providing hands-on training with Debi Price, certified expert. Training is designed to help patients and survivors who may be suffering from effects caused by surgery and treatment. Debi will teach exercises designed to help heal and improve physical and emotional quality of life post cancer treatment.
Some cancer patients think that rest will decrease fatigue and hasten recovery, however rest may make cancer patients weaker and more drained of energy. This training offers patients and survivors a proactive way to improve their health and reclaim their lives past cancer.
Benefits of Working with a Cancer Exercise Expert:
- Reduce pain and fatigue
- Prevent, identify and manage lymphedema (swelling in arms or legs)
- Increase shoulder range of motion and correct postural deviations following mastectomy and/or reconstruction
- Improve treatment tolerance
- Prevent and/or manage osteoporosis, diabetes, and damage to the heart and lungs following chemotherapy, radiation or hormonal therapy
- Return to pre-treatment levels of strength and fitness
Individualized Training Includes:
- Postural assessment
- Range-of-motion assessment
- Balance and core stability assessment
- Girth measurements to monitor lymphedema
- Flexibility assessment
- Heart rate measurement
- Personalized program to correct imbalances, build back strength and stamina, and prevent future degeneration
Debi Price just recently received her certification through the Cancer Exercise Training Institute as a Cancer Exercise Specialist.
For more in formation on the Cancer Exercise Training Institute, click here.
A past participant had this to say about the JCC’s Cancer Recovery class, “I participated and worked my butt off with Debi in this program last year. I cannot measure which was more valuable: the physical benefits or the motivation and emotional support she provides. While I wish that no one would “qualify” for this program, if you do, I would strongly encourage you to take advantage of all Debi has to offer. Her professional expertise and compassion are amazing and whatever your stage of recovery and return to good health, you will benefit from this program - and Debi!"