Adolescence is a challenging time and incorporating the skills needed into their school plans as they approach adulthood are vital. With the many changes taking place in NJ with the DDD services, there is so much to learn. Join us for an important workshop on how to navigate the transition planning process.
Workshop discussion will include:
- Transition planning timeline
- Incorporating the transition plan in the IEP
- Parent vs. school responsibility
- How to plan for and access adult services as they approach 21
- What families need to know about Support Coordination Services
- Initial steps and examples of funding sources (DDD/Medicaid/DVRS, SSI)
Josh Bornstein, Supervisor of Transition Services, Union County Educational Services Commission
Chris Kaiser, Support Coordinator, JFS of Central NJ
Maggie Drew, Support Coordinator, JFS, MetroWest
For further information and to RSVP, contact Rebecca Wanatick at 973-929-3129 or email@example.com.