Outdoor Pools are Open!
Welcome to our outdoor pools! We are thrilled to open both pools for the summer.
Below is the schedule and the guidelines you will be asked to follow.
All members will be required to schedule pool visits ahead of time. Booking can only be done as early as one week in advance.
Book Outdoor Pool Time Here
- Monday - Friday 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.: Adult lap swimming only, no splash pool, no adult lap swim on Wednesday morning
- Monday - Friday 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.: Splash pool only
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.: Adult lap swim only, no splash pool
- Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Family swim and adult lap swimming in lane one
Please note that from Monday – Friday 9:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., the outdoor pool will be used by Camp Yachad campers.
Outdoor Pool Protocols and Procedures
Pool Attendance and Scheduling
- The pool is for members only, no guests will be permitted.
- Whether you are using the pool for family time or lap swimming, you MUST schedule your time at jccnj.org.
- Pool times can only be scheduled as early as one week in advance.
- Swim sessions will be scheduled in 45 minute increments. The lifeguard will blow their whistle to clear the pool at the end of the 45 minute timeframe.
- You must leave directly after your swim so the lifeguards can disinfect the pool area for the next group of swimmers.
- No walk-ins allowed.
New Pool Rules
- During adult lap swim time there will be one person per lane. There will be signs telling you where to enter and exit the pool.
- During family swim, only two families will be allowed in the main pool and two families allowed in the splash pool at a time.
- During your swim time you cannot switch pools.
- You will enter the outdoor pool from the JCC lobby doors.
- You and your family is required to wear face masks/coverings when entering the building.
- Upon entering the JCC, your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked a set of health screening questions.
- You will be required to wear your face mask/covering on the pool deck but not in the water.
- Please observe 6-foot social distancing guidelines while in the pool area.
- When your swim is over you will exit the pool through the side pool gate.
- Locker rooms are available for bathroom use only. There is NO changing or showering in the locker rooms. You must come to the JCC and leave the JCC in your bathing suit.
- When going into the locker room you must wear shoes and your face mask/covering
- You must use the outdoor showers before entering the pool. (There are two on the outdoor pool deck.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use on the lifeguard table.
- The JCC will not be supplying pool noodles, goggles, kick boards or pull buoys.
- The JCC will provide puddle jumpers which will be disinfected after each usage.
- You may bring your own pool equipment.
- Pool rafts are not allowed.
- There will be no lounge chairs. You must sit and put your belongings on the signed areas on each bench.
- There will be no towel service.
If thunder/lightening is heard or seen, the pool will close for the remainder of the day. If the forecast calls for bad weather a decision about the pool opening will be posted on the JCC website.
We ask that you respect the lines painted around the lifeguard chairs and not cross into the social distancing square when approaching a guard.
Lifeguards are not required to wear a face covering while they are on the stand. These lines are allowing them six feet of separation.
Lifeguards will be wearing face coverings when they are not actively engaged in member surveillance (rotating between stations, at the guard table, etc.) in order to protect themselves and protect our members.
Don’t worry…they are wearing smiles under their face coverings!
All members are required to e-sign a waiver prior to using the JCC facilities. You can access your waiver by clicking here. You JCC barcode will be required.