Yeladim - Kindergarten
Yeladim is Hebrew for “children” and is for campers entering Kindergarten.
Yeladim campers move on to our outdoor campsite as special attention is given to transition while teaching values and life skills.
- Yeladim is stationed on the JCC campsite adjacent to our main building. Home base for each group is a designated picnic table under the giant “Yeladim tent.” Yeladim campers also come indoors for specific activities.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too for full day Yeladim campers! (We’ve heard Camp Yachad parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Campers can romp around in our new J2O zero-entry outdoor pool with splash ground fun.
- Professionally instructed sports programs (skills, drills and games), arts & crafts, music, Israeli culture, onsite Surgent’s Elite Gymnastics and much more.
- Now that these campers have ‘graduated’ from preschool camp, they have two Camp Yachad favorites – Drama Play and soft Gaga - added to their day!
- Special events and theme days such as Wacky Water Day, Israel day, Snow Day, Carnival Day and more spice up the week!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are included!
- Yeladim campers can spend the whole day with us Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or can opt for a shorter day from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director oversees Yeladim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or higher) supervise each group. Junior Counselors and Counselors in Training/CITs (high schoolers) support each group.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.