Tsofim - 4th and 5th Grades
Tsofim is Hebrew for “scouts” and is for campers entering 4th and 5th grades.
Camp Yachad Travel Camp = a great summer filled with fun and varied travel experiences.
- Tsofim is based at our Springfield, NJ site and features a large swimming pool and open field space for any onsite activities (which are Fridays for Tsofim).
- Each day begins with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity.
- Teens travel four days per week (Monday – Thursday). Weeks will alternate between day trips and extended overnights.
- A sample of day trips includes a Major League baseball game, the beach, a Broadway show and lots more!
- Extended overnights are 3 days/2 nights; here’s what Tsofim campers will enjoy in summer 2016:
Week 2 ( July 5 - July 7 ) NJY Camps
Week 4 ( July 18 - July 20) Hershey
Week 6 (Aug 1 – Aug 3) Wildwood
Week 8 (Aug 15 - Aug 17) Club Getaway
- On Fridays, spend the day onsite at the Springfield pool for elective activities, swimming and special events.
- Get this…door-to-door transportation is included as well as pizza lunch on Fridays!
- When campers return from a trip, they will have rec swim if there’s time before the day is over.
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Tsofim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are typically back for a 4:00 p.m. departure. During day travel weeks there is always one late night.
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced college-aged Senior Counselors trained in both travel procedures and elective instruction work directly with campers.
Check out this great option!
Tsofim campers can split their time between traditional camp in our Sabra or Olim units, our Maccabi Sports Camp or JPAC, our performing arts camp.
Please note: all trips are subject to change.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.