Tsofim is Hebrew for “scouts” and is for campers entering 4th and 5th grades.
Camp Yachad Travel Camp equals a great summer filled with fun and varied travel experiences.
- Tsofim is based at our Springfield, NJ site and features a large swimming pool and open field space for any onsite activities (which are Fridays for Tsofim).
- Each day begins with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity.
- Teens travel four days per week (Monday – Thursday). Weeks will alternate between day trips and extended overnights.
- A sample of day trips include a Major League baseball game, the beach, a Broadway show and lots more!
- Extended overnights are 3 days/2 nights; here’s what Tsofim campers enjoyed in 2015:
Week 2 ( July 7 – July 9 ) NJY Camps
Week 4 ( July 20 – July 22) Hershey
Week 6 (August 3 – August 5) Wildwood
Week 8 (August 17 – August 19) Club Getaway
- On Fridays, spend the day onsite at the Springfield pool for elective activities, swimming and special events.
- Get this…door-to-door transportation is included as well as pizza lunch on Fridays!
- When campers return from a trip, they will have rec swim if there’s time before the day is over.
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Tsofim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are typically back for a 4:00 p.m. departure. During day travel weeks there is always one late night.
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced college-aged Senior Counselors trained in both travel procedures and elective instruction work directly with campers.
Check out this great option! Tsofim campers can split their time between Olim, a hybrid travel experience, and/or JPAC, our performing arts camp.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.