Make meaningful connections with other Teens though our great social and leadership development programs for grades 9 - 12! Friend Lindsay TeenDirector on Facebook for updates on Teen activities.
Our teen leadership programs teach teens in grades 9-12 valuable leadership skills from executives, life coaches, Jewish educators and certified social workers. While making a difference in their community and in their lives, teens can find out how community activism can be fun and rewarding, and they can build their high school resume with meaningful and rewarding volunteer work and service learning.
Teen Action Service Corps (T.A.S.C.) for Grades 9 - 10
Build Your Identity as a Leader
2012-2013 T.A.S.C. is underway
• Participate in volunteerism and community service through individual service projects and community events
• Develop leadership skills and understand your role within this Jewish community
• Learn how to become effective, thoughtful and successful teen leaders
• Engage in a variety of social and social action experiences including learning workships, trips and an overnight group retreat
• Participants complete 40 hours of community service
• One overnight leadership retreat at the JCC
• Monthly meetings: three leadership workshops led by Lindsay Napchen, two speakers and one trip to a local community service organization (e.g., NJ Food Bank)
Member: $85, Community Participant: $105
JCC Teen Leadership Fellows (formerly known as T.A.S.C. II) for Grades 11 - 12
Get Out and Change the World: Jewish Community and Beyond
2012-2013 Teen Leadership Fellows is underway
• Build on existing leadership skills and experiences
• Learn how to strategically plan and execute meaningful and powerful social and social action programs for the community
• Gain a wider perspective on hte JCC and the Jewish community through a series of dynamic speaker workshops
• Step outside the immediate community during transformative social action and identity-driven trips
• Complete the 18 hours of community service at community events
• Choose to serve on one of four sub-committees to plan and execute the following JCC teen events: T.A.S.C. Overnight Retreat, Come A.L.I.V.E. 5, Teen Film Festival, Battle of the Bands
• Monthly meetings: three speakers (Monday evenings), three off-site high level trips (usually on a Sunday) to NYC, Philly, etc.
Member: $136, Community Participant:$180
Click here for Teen Leadership Opportunities brochure
Click here for the T.A.S.C. application
Click here for Teen Leadership Fellows application
First EVER Jewish Teen Film Festival
NEW! Film for Teens!
The Other Son
Tuesday, May 7
Director: Lorraine Lévy
English, French and Hebrew with English subtitles
Length: 105 min
Chosen by teens, for teens (and parents, too)
The first 20 teens to get tix will get $5 coupon for concessions!
As he prepares to join the Israeli army for his national service, Joseph discovers he is not his parents’ biological son, but that he was inadvertently switched at birth with Yassin, the son of a Palestinian family from the West Bank. This revelation turns the lives of these two families upside-down, forcing them to reassess their respective identities, their values and their beliefs.
Stick around! Post-film discussion lead by teens
“The film is propelled by a hopeful, good-hearted humanism, and it sets out to show that, in spite of political, religious and cultural divisions, people are people.” - A.O. Scott, New York Times
$12 JCC Members/Students
$14 General Public
At the Door:
$15 General Admission
Educational Services Center and Kaplan Test Prep SAT/PSAT Classes
JCC members receive a 10% tuition discount from ESC and Kaplan. For registration, fee and course date information, call 1-800-762-TEST (ESC) or 1-800-KAP-TEST (Kaplan). The tuition cost also includes course materials.