Sabra- 2nd and 3rd grades
Sabra, in Hebrew, means “native-born Israeli.” The most advanced 5-day onsite day camp program, Sabra (entering 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades) includes sophisticated instruction in specialty areas and an action-packed full-day program.
It’s Sabra – It’s Amazing!
- Campers begin each day with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity
- Groups are staffed with a minimum of 3 counselors
- Groups are based in a tented picnic area located outdoors
- Campers participate in instructional and recreational swim programs
- Campers experience an accelerated schedule of age-appropriate activities
- Special events and theme days are an integral part of the Sabra calendar including Wacky Water day and Yacht or Not
- Advanced gymnastics instruction is held offsite at Surgent's Elite Gymnastics Academy
- Climb, balance and zip through the low-ropes Adventure Course
- Plus! New flexible electives program so campers can select the activities they love the most
- Plus! Get a taste of sleepaway with an optional 1-night overnight (3rd and 4th grades only)
- Lunch included
- A lively Shabbat celebration concludes each week
Sabra Max Trax - Weekly Extended Specialty Electives!
New outdoor field & gym space at our new partner location - Wardlaw Hartridge!
Max Trax Fax
- Max Trax are available to all Sabra campers, regardless of grade
- Campers select a first and second choice for each week and will attend their chosen elective each day for the full week
- Sabra electives are each day from 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. except for the Sports I which will be an intensive sports elective from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. each day.
- All Sports I electives will be held at our partner location – Wardlaw-Hartridge outdoor fields & gym located at 1295 Inman Avenue in Edison - just minutes from the JCC! (Campers will be bussed there and
back for their Sports I elective each day.)
- Max Trax changes can be made on the Monday morning of the week enrolled if there are spaces available. (Group size depends on the activity.)
- Max Trax options may be cancelled due to low enrollment, and any affected camper will be able to make another choice.
Click here for the 2014 Max Trax Electives brochure!
Staff Adult Unit Director supervises staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors supervise each group with a 1 to 5 ratio. Junior Counselors and CITs (Counselors in Training) support each group. Professional specialty instructors are also on-hand.
Sabra Program Options
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2nd grade boys, 2nd grade girls
3rd grade boys, 3rd grade girls
4th grade boys, 4th grade girls
Click here for our summer 2014 Camp Calendar