Sabra - 2nd and 3rd Grades
Sabra is Hebrew for “native-born Israeli” and is for campers entering 2nd and 3rd grades.
Create your very own summer adventure in Sabra - the best of traditional day camp combined with your choice of rockin’ electives!
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard Camp Yachad parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Climb, balance, swing and zip through our Ropes Adventure Course!
- Campers also enjoy gymnastics at Surgent’s Elite Gymnastics in Westfield and tennis at Kramer or LaGrande courts in Scotch Plains/Fanwood for awesome instructional and fun double periods! (All are a quick bus ride away.)
- PLUS the Sabra hobby program lets campers select the activities they love most. Campers select a first and second elective choice for each week and do those electives every day for a full week.
- The list of hobbies is downright impressive: sports (baseball, basketball, soccer), performing arts (dance, improvisational theater), music (musical theater, guitar, songwriting), art (drawing, painting, jewelry, wearable art, tie-dying), science (cool chemistry, rocketry), spy camp, photography, journalism and Israeli culture.
- Special events and theme days are a big part of the Sabra calendar including Wacky Water Day, Israel Day, Snow Day, Carnival Day and more!
- AND 3rd grade Sabra campers get to experience sleepaway camp with an optional one-night overnight.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Sabra campers enjoy camp Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director oversees staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or higher) supervise each group. Junior Counselors and Counselors in Training/CITs (high schoolers) support each group.
Check out this great option!
Sabra campers can split their time between traditional camp and JPAC, our performing arts camp. Third grade Sabra campers can also spend some of their camp weeks in Olim, our hybrid onsite/travel program.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.
New for summer 2016! Now offering transportation for Hoboken families!