Olim- 3rd and 4th grades
Olim, in Hebrew, means “settlers.” This camp unit (entering 3rd and 4th grades) is the perfect combination of a traditional camp program and an introductory travel camp experience. Campers spend 3 days a week onsite at our day camp and 2 days a week on incredible day trips like a day at the beach, catching a baseball game or visiting a zoo (just to name a few). Olim gives campers the opportunity to design their own camp experience through an electives program that offers innovative areas of instruction. Olim also introduces campers to the excitement of travel camp programs.
It’s Olim – It’s Awesome!
- Olim combines a TRAVEL and ELECTIVES program each week!
- Trained staff provide instruction in free-choice elective activities, including (but not limited to) sports (baseball, basketball, soccer), performing arts (dance, improvisational theater), music (musical theater & songwriting), art (drawing, painting, jewelry, wearable art, tie-dying), science (cool chemistry, rocketry) and so much more including Spy Camp, photography & journalism and Israeli culture
- Travel 2 days each week on fun-filled trips like a day at the beach, catching a baseball game or visiting a zoo (just to name a few)
- One overnight each session at NJY Camps & one night overnight at the J each session
- A lively Shabbat celebration concludes each week
Choose from great OLIM SPECIALITY ELECTIVES
Olim Specialty Elective Facts
- Campers select a first and second choice for each week and will attend chosen elective each day for the week. (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Changes can be made on the Monday morning of the week enrolled – if there are spaces available. (Group size depends on the activity.)
- Elective choices may be cancelled due to low enrollment and the camper will be able to make another choice.
- Campers must stay in their chosen activity for the entire week.
Click here to check out a sample of the Olim electives!
Staff Adult Unit Director supervises staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors trained in both electives instruction and travel procedures work directly with campers.
All Olim campers arrive and depart from the JCC in Scotch Plains.