Olim - Entering 3rd and 4th grades
Olim is Hebrew for “settlers”
Olim is the best of both worlds: a great traditional day camp experience and an awesome taste of travel camp.
H e r e a r e t h e F U N d a m e n t a l s…
- Campers are at the JCC three days per week and traveling two days per week to great places like the beach, a baseball game or the zoo…just to name a few.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- Olim campers get to create their own camp experience with a choice of innovative electives that they enjoy two times each week.
- Here’s a sample of the electives we’ll be offering: basketball, soccer, gaga, theater arts, dance, fine arts and science.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard Camp Yachad parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- Each session, campers can experience an overnight. First overnight session is at NJY Camps in the Poconos, and the second overnight session is right here at the J. Both are wonderful ways for campers (AND parents!) to try out camping away from home!
- Get this...lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included!
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Olim campers enjoy camp Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director and Assistant Unit Director oversee Olim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or higher) trained in both elective instruction and travel procedures work directly with campers.
Check out this great option! Olim campers can also split their time between traditional camp, our Maccabi Sports Camp for serious sports activity and competition or JPAC, our performing arts camp. (Please see the other pages for details and pricing.)
Give us a call!
If you have questions about any Camp Yachad programs, please give any one of us a call. We are happy to help!
Michael Goldstein, Chief Operating Officer/Camp Co-Director, at x218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Hotra, Camp Co-Director, at x235 or email@example.com
Mallory Zipkin, Associate Camp Director, at x240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Pizzella, Camp Administrative Director, at x209 or email@example.com
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, contact Caren Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.