Na'arim - Entering 5th and 6th grades
Na’arim is Hebrew for “youth”
Fun day trips plus extended overnight trips create this not-to-be-missed travel camp experience
Ta k e i t AWAY. . .
- Na’arim is based at our Springfield, NJ site and features a large swimming pool and open field space for any onsite activities (which are Fridays for Na’arim).
- Each day begins with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity.
- Teens travel four days per week (Monday – Thursday). Weeks will alternate between day trips and extended overnights.
- A sample of day trips include a Major League baseball game, the beach, a Broadway show and lots more!
- Extended overnights are 2 nights/3 days or 3 nights/4 days; here’s what Na’arim campers will look forward to: Week 2 ( July 7 – July 9 ) NJY Camps (2 nights/3 days)
Week 4 ( July 20 – July 23) Boston (3 nights/4 days)
Week 6 (August 3 – August 6) Washington, DC (3 nights/4 days)
Week 8 (August 17 – August 19) Club Getaway (2 nights/3 days)
- On Fridays, spend the day onsite at the pool for elective activities, swimming and special events.
- Get this…door-to-door transportation is included as well as pizza lunch on Fridays.
- When campers return from a trip, they will have rec swim if there’s time before the day is over.
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Na’arim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are typically back for a 4:00 p.m. departure. During day travel weeks there is always one late night.
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced college-aged Senior Counselors trained in both travel procedures and elective instruction work directly with campers.
2015 Rates and Dates
4 weeks = $2,944
6 weeks = $4,416
8 weeks = $5,468
Session 1: Monday, June 29 - Friday, July 24 Session 2: Monday, July 27 - Friday, August 21
Check out this great option! Na’arim campers can split their time between travel camp and JPAC, our performing arts camp. (Please see our JPAC page for details and pricing.)
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, contact Caren Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.