Megalim- 1st grade
Megalim is Hebrew for “discoverers”
Megalim campers take a big step up as they get to experience new and different specialty activities.
H e r e a r e t h e F U N d a m e n t a l s . . .
- Megalim campers enjoy a structured outdoor camp program and come indoors occasionally for specific activities.
- The day kicks off with a spirited Boker Tov (good morning) activity complete with birthday announcements, wacky camper contests, games and more.
- American Red Cross learn-to-swim instruction from our acclaimed Aquatics Department in both our indoor and outdoor pools...rec swim too! (We’ve heard Camp Yachad parents throughout the years credit Camp Yachad swim instruction for making their kids strong swimmers!)
- New in 2015! Campers can romp around in our new J2O zero-entry pool with splash ground fun like a spitting frog!
- Professionally instructed sports programs (skills, drills and games), arts & crafts, music, Judaica, cooking and ropes course.
- PLUS now that they are in Megalim, campers enjoy gymnastics at Surgent’s Elite Gymnastics in Westfield and tennis at Kramer or LaGrande courts in Scotch Plains/Fanwood for awesome instructional and fun double periods! (All are a quick bus ride away.)
- But the BEST part of being a Megalim camper is playing Gaga in our outdoor Gaga courts. (There is not a Camp Yachad camper, past or present, who does not LOVE the awesome game of Gaga!)
- Special events and theme days such as Wacky Water Day, Israel Day, Snow Day, Carnival Day and more spice up the week!
- A Rockin' Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Get this...lunch, snacks and door-to-door transportation are included!
- Megalim campers enjoy camp Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
An adult Staff Unit Director oversees Megalim staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (entering college or higher) supervise each group. Junior Counselors and Counselors in Training/CITs (high schoolers) support each group.
Check out this great option! Megalim campers can split their time between traditional camp and our Maccabi Sports Camp for serious sports activity and competition! (Please see our Maccabi Sports Camp page for details and pricing.)
Give us a call!
If you have questions about any Camp Yachad programs, please give any one of us a call. We are happy to help!
Michael Goldstein, Chief Operating Officer/Camp Co-Director, at x218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jodi Hotra, Camp Co-Director, at x235 or email@example.com
Mallory Zipkin, Associate Camp Director, at x240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Pizzella, Camp Administrative Director, at x209 or email@example.com
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, contact Caren Goldberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.