2017-18 TASC (Teen Action Service Corps)
The TASC Leadership Seminar is for students in grades 9-12. It is a dynamic experiential learning program that incorporates intensive leadership symposiums, group volunteer experiences and social programming in a fun year-long adventure.
- Are you active in your community?
- Do you enjoy spending time with your peers?
- Do you want to be a student leader?
The TASC goal is to give participants the knowledge, skills and values to make each person a successful leader in his or her Jewish community and community at-large.
Leadership Symposiums for the participants are included throughout the year. These five symposiums will be led by experts in the field on topics ranging from Philanthropy, Values, Leadership and Fundraising.
Group Service Projects are also a part of TASC. Teens will participate in multiple service projects including but not limited to the JCC Fall Festival, MLK Day of Service, J-Serve Day of Service, The Big Give and Touch a Truck at the JCC of Central NJ.
TASC Inspire is a component of TASC which was created to help teens put their passion into action. TASC Inspire aims to teach teens how to apply their leadership skills in real life, through making a philanthropic impact on the JCC community. Through a generous matching donation, the teens will have an opportunity to grow the fundraising money they raise and ultimately allocate those funds to support new and innovative programming at the JCC of Central NJ. This program aims to be a vehicle for teens to grow their leadership skills through real-life experience and ultimately leave a lasting legacy at the JCC.
See the impact TASC Inspire had its first year (2016-17)
(date and times are subject to change)
- Sunday, October 15 • 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Volunteer Event
- Sunday, November 19 • 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Leadership Symposium
- Saturday, December 9 • 5:30 - 8:45 p.m. - Volunteer Event
- Monday, January 15 • 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - MLK Day of Service
- Sunday, February 25 • 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Leadership Symposium
- Sunday, March 11 • 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Leadership Symposium
- Sunday, April 22 • 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Volunteer Event
- Sunday, May 20 • 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.- Leadership Symposium
- Monday, June 4 - Annual Meeting
Price: $150, Member Price: $136 (due at time of online registration)
TreEscape Aerial Adventure Park in Mountain Creek
for 6th graders and above
Sunday, June 3 • 12:15 - 6:00 p.m.
The first and largest aerial adventure course in the U.S. in the beautiful Adirondack Forest! There's over 1.5 miles of high-flying, adrenaline-pumping fun, and you can pick the adventure level that's right for you!
Price: $50, Member Price: $40, includes transportation from the JCC and snacks
Click here to register by Wednesday, May 31. Search TreEscape