Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) - 9th Grade
Making the transition from camper to leader, the L.I.T. program is for campers entering 9th grade.
Leaders in Training (L.I.T.) is a hybrid program that provides both a great travel camp experience and valuable hands-on leadership instruction needed to be a successful summer camp counselor.
- L.I.T.s will alternate their weeks in summer camp between being a counselor intern (specific group and specialty) and as a travel camper which includes one extended (4 nights/5 days) overnight trip per 4 week session.
- For more information about what L.I.T. campers will enjoy in 2018, please contact the camp office at 908-889-8800 x209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In counselor internships, L.I.T.s work independently and as part of a leadership group honing communication skills, developing trust and engaging in creative thinking with professional speakers and facilitators.
- L.I.T.s successfully completing at least one 4-week session of the program have first priority to work at Camp Yachad the following summer as a Counselor in Training (C.I.T.).
- L.I.T.s will learn about games and activities that engage young campers; they will learn how to work with peers and supervisors, and they will learn leadership styles and approaches, time management, communication and organization skills.
- Get this...lunch (when at the JCC), snacks and door-to-door transportation are all included.
2018 L.I.T. Trips: Myrtle Beach, New England/Cape Cod
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee L.I.T.s at the JCC. An additional staff member joins them for the extended overnights.
Please note: all trips are subject to change.
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.