- This half-day program (11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) is for children attending morning public school kindergarten.
- The perfect complement to kindergarten, the JCC’s Kindergarten Wrap gives your child quality opportunities outside of his or her kindergarten class. Each year the students take a virtual trip around the globe. “Wrap Around the World” provides children with a multicultural experience while visiting many countries.
- Along the way, language, literacy, art, music and cooking are incorporated into the curriculum.
- It is truly a unique, fun and educational approach to learning. Included in the experience are two ten-week swim instruction sessions, a weekly Shabbat celebration and an art appreciation class.
- Transportation by bus to the program is available from all Scotch Plains elementary schools and Westfield’s Lincoln school. (Additional schools will be considered upon request.)
- All enrolled students are also picked up by bus during public school early dismissal days.
- Our Kindergarten Wrap program follows the vacation schedule of the Scotch Plains/Fanwood school district.
When the children arrive at the JCC, they participate in a fully supervised lunch/recess in the JCC's full-sized air-conditioned gymnasium. Children can bring their own dairy lunch (no meat permitted), or a daily cafe lunch can be purchased in advance. At 12:30 p.m., the children head to their classrooms.