Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer
The JCC of Central NJ seeks a dynamic individual to play a critical administrative role in our agency, supporting and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer in the areas of Building & Facilities, Capital Projects, IT and Administrative Program Support. The Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
Principal Responsibilities – Building & Facilities, IT
- General Clerical Support to COO (letters, mailings, invoices, meeting coordination, filing, etc.)
- Provide Administrative Support to the Building and Facilities Team under the Direction of the COO
- Purchase Orders, Vendor Proposals and Invoice Tracking
- Service Contracts Administration
- Capital Projects Administration
- Coordinate Facilities Requests (i.e. repairs, meeting/room requests)
- Facility Rentals Administration
- Weekly Facilities Calendar Coordination
- Repair Trackers (e.g. HVAC)
- Utilities Usage Tracking (Electricity, Gas, Water & Sewer)
- Preparation & Filing of Incident Reports with Insurance Companies
- Building Committee Secretary
- Campus Security Systems Administration
- Communication and Tracking of IT support requests
Principal Responsibilities – Program Support
- Payroll Preparation
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Purchase Orders, Vendor Proposals and Invoice Tracking
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Minimum 5 years experience as administrative assistant required
- Experience with Building & Facilities (physical plant, service contracts, facilities scheduling) a plus
SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the authority of the general ledger. Working under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant directs and coordinates daily activities to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the JCC. The incumbent should be a highly motivated self-starter with supervisory, review and proofing experience. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing annual financial statements and coordinating the organization’s annual audit.
- Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the JCC’s General Ledger.
- Performs and/or reviews key functions including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, bank account statement reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.
- Monitors cash management (including placement/movement of funds in various funds).
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
- Resolves complex accounting issues or assists other JCC personnel in resolving financial issues. Reviews general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Produces financial reports involving JCC reporting requirements for monthly Finance Committee and Board meetings. Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with non-profit accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment.
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records. Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting. At least five years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, or the equivalent. Experience working with an automated financial management system.
Custodian / Housekeeper wanted for the JCC. M – Th. 7:30 – 11:00 p.m.; Fri. 1:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Responsibilities include general housekeeping and cleaning. Send application to Maintenance Director, 1391 Martine Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Trainers Wanted
We are looking for a successful and motivated personal trainer like you! This is a part - time position with flexible scheduling.
- Individuals who have an enthusiastic and creative attitude about exercise
- Trainers who educate and compassionately mentor their clients
- Fitness professionals who are patient, flexible and punctual
To join the team you must have:
- Current accredited personal training certification (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE, AFAA)
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- 1-2 years previous personal training experience
Contact Matt Bansch, Director of Fitness and Wellness at email@example.com
Group Fitness Instructors
Looking for Group Fitness Instructors for classes in boot camp , Tabata and cardio fitness. Contact Debi Price at firstname.lastname@example.org