Chalutzim - 7th and 8th Grades
Chalutzim is Hebrew for “pioneers” and is for campers entering 7th and 8th grades.
Week-long trips to amazing destinations are a huge highlight of this adventurous travel experience for middle schoolers.
- Chalutzim is based at our Springfield, NJ site and features a large swimming pool and open field space for any onsite activities.
- Each day begins with a spirited Boker Tov good morning activity.
- Teens travel five days a week! Weeks will alternate between day trips and extended overnights.
- A sample of day trips include a Major League baseball game, the beach, a Broadway show and lots more!
- Extended overnights are 5 days/4 nights; here’s what Chalutzim will enjoy in 2016:
Week 2 ( July 5 - July 8 ) Ohio
Week 4 ( July 18 - July 22) Chicago or LA
Week 6 (Aug 1 – Aug 5) Niagara Falls/Toronto
Week 8 (Aug 15 - Aug18) Lake Placid
- When campers return from a trip, they will have rec swim if there’s time before the day is over.
- A Rockin’ Shabbat celebration at the end of each week features our own band, the Shabbatones.
- Chalutzim campers start their day at 9:00 a.m. and are typically back for a 4:00 p.m. departure during weeks with day trips. During day travel weeks there is always one late night.
An adult Staff Unit Director and an Assistant Unit Director oversee staff and campers. Experienced college-aged Senior Counselors trained in both elective instruction and travel procedures work directly with campers.
Check out this great option! Chalutzim campers can split their time between travel camp and JPAC, our performing arts camp. (Please see our JPAC page for details and pricing.)
Camp Yachad is available to JCC members! For more information about membership, click here.