Chalutzim- 7th and 8th grades
Chalutzim, Hebrew for “pioneers,” experience the ultimate in day trips and extended travel! Campers (entering 7th and 8th grades) travel 5 days a week. Whether your interest is sports, theater, roller coasters or sightseeing, you’ll find it all in Chalutzim!
It’s Chalutzim – It’s Incredible!
- Action-packed mix of day and overnight trips, including extended overnight each session
- Incredible day-trip excursions include a NYC comedy club, amusement parks, sporting events, Broadway and outdoor adventure trips offering rafting, hiking, rock climbing and spelunking
- Most extended trips include transportation on air-conditioned coach buses, dairy and Kosher meals, hotel accommodations and fun-filled itineraries packed with touring and interactive experiences
- A lively Shabbat program at the JCC in Scotch Plains concludes each week
Sample Extended Trip Itinerary (4 night 5 days)
- Session 1: Finger Lakes (Ithaca's waterfalls, Greek Peak NH Resort), Maine (Arcadia National Park, Funtown Splashdown USA, horseback riding)
- Session 2: Orlando, FL (Disney World, Epcot, downtown Disney), Poconos Adventure (Camel Beach, whitewater rafting, Bushkill Falls)
All trips subject to change
Staff Adult Unit Director and Assistant Unit Director supervise staff and campers. Experienced Senior Counselors (college-aged and older), who are trained in travel procedures and safety, work directly with campers.
Read all about our new Centralized Stops busing program...New! Totally optional! Click here for sample information from 2013.