Support or Attend a Fundraising Event
Each year we plan several large-scale special events to help us build community and raise much needed funds to give back to the community. Here is a brief overview of what we have planned...Dollars raised from events will help us provide our community with much needed programs and services including:
- Our full-service infant care and Brody Family Early Learning Center programs, which gives our youngest members a place where children learn and discover, where they thrive and are inspired
- Our Senior Adult Services program, which offers area seniors stimulating classes and entertainment, therapeutic exercise programs, a hot nutritious lunch and socialization 4 days a week
- Our Camp Yachad Summer Camp which provides a complete summer camp experience with a Jewish sensibility.
- Our Camp Yachad Shadow program for special needs campers, which makes sure that all children, including those with disabilities can experience the magic of summer camp.
- Our Teen programs, which give our teens the opportunity to grow as leaders, connect with other teens and participate in social action projects that develop lifelong skills.
- Our scholarship and membership assistance programs, which help those in financial need, offset costs…and so many more.
Touch a Truck
Sponsors are needed for our 3rd Touch a Truck event scheduled for Sunday, April 29, 2018 from 1 - 5 pm. This very popular event provides a unique opportunity for children to explore vehicles of all types including public service, emergency, utility, construction, landscaping, transportation, delivery and just have FUN – all in one place! Children were allowed to touch their favorite vehicles, get behind the wheel, climb, explore and learn! Our very own Camp Yachad will provide even more fun with bouncing and games on our campsite. Food trucks and music will also be part of the day’s entertainment. The event is free and open to the community!
An important aspect of the event is the “Hold the Horn” hour from 1 – 2pm designed for children with special needs and those with auditory sensitivity issues - no horns, music or sirens! The JCC has made a commitment to create a more inclusive community with opportunities for all members and their families to participate in all that we have to offer.
Thank you to our 2017 Touch a Truck sponsors!
7th Annual JCC Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament
This will be the 7th year of our very popular tournament run with a professional company and licensed dealers. Tournament date is Thursday, June 28, 2018. 21+ only please.
Thank you to our 2017 Poker Sponsors:
Bridget and Llewellyn Jones