Join us for five more great films!
April 28 - May 27 • all films at 7:30 p.m.
250 East Broad Street in Westfield
Plenty of seating...screening in 2 auditoriums
10th Anniversary Gift Basket Raffle! Win 1 of 3!
Each time you attend a film, receive an entry ticket. The more films, the more chances to win! Purchase a Series Subscriber and receive 2 extra entry tickets. Winners will be selected on May 27 after the screening of The Green Prince. Winner need not be present at drawing. Baskets will be on display at each film.
Register using the login/register button on the bottom right.
Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
Wednesday, May 13 • 7:30 P
Directors: Ronit Elkabetz and Shlomi Elkabetz
Country: Israel, 2014
Language: Hebrew with English subtitles
Running Time: 115 minutes
In Israel there is neither civil marriage nor civil divorce. Only rabbis can legitimize a marriage or its dissolution which is only possible with full consent from the husband. In this expertly written, brilliantly acted film, Viviane Amsalem struggles against her passive-aggressive husband and the rabbinical judges to end her marriage. From her first day in court to her last, the process will take Viviane five years of frustration, stonewalling and humiliation, during which she struggles to remain dignified and determined. The film judiciously alternates between scathing drama and bitter comedy.
2015 Golden Globe Nominee – Best Foreign Film
Best Film – 2014 Israel Ophir Awards
Underwritten by: Women’s Philanthropy Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
Click here to view the Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem trailer
Monday, May 18 • 7:30 P
Director: Emmanuel Naccache
Country: France, 2014
Language: French with English subtitles
Running Time: 110 minutes
It’s February 18, 2010; photos on the front page of newspapers all over the world reveal Israeli Mossad agents caught assassinating Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, a senior commander of the Palestinian militant group Hamas, one month earlier
in Dubai. Mossad chiefs are the most surprised of all since they know for certain that the leaders of the assassination have nothing to do with them. An investigation is launched to uncover the intentions of these mysterious killers whose ultimate goal is surprising and unexpected.
Israeli Film Academy Nomination – Best Actress
Click here to view the Kidon trailer
The Green Prince
Wednesday, May 27 • 7:30 P
Director: Nadav Schirman
Country: Germany, 2014
Language: English, Hebrew
Running Time: 95 minutes
Set against the chaotic backdrop of recent events in the Middle East, this extraordinary documentary recounts the true story of the son of a Hamas leader who emerged as one of Israel’s prized informants, and the Shin Bet (Israel’s internal security agency) agent who risked his career to protect him. As a defiant teenager in Palestine, Mosab Hassan Yousef’s fervor against Israel was unquestionable, ultimately landing him in prison. Shaken by Hamas’s brutality within the prison and a growing disgust for their methods, he had an unexpected change of heart. Recruited by the Shin Bet and given the code name “Green Prince,” he spied on the Hamas elite for over a decade, risking exposure and certain death while grappling with the perception that he had betrayed his own family and people.
Underwritten by: Needle Point Homes/Erica & Steve Needle
Click here to view The Green Prince trailer
Enjoy dinner before the movie with one of our Restaurant Partners! Mention the Film Festival and take part in these special offers
Akai Lounge 102 East Broad Street (one block from the Rialto Theater) Receive 10% off your dinner bill on the evenings of our films
Amuse 39 Elm Street (around the corner from the Rialto Theater) Receive 20% off your dinner bill on the evenings of our films
Limani Seafood Grill 235 North Avenue West (one block from the Westfield train station) • Receive 15% off your dinner bill on the evenings of our films
Westfield Diner 309 North Avenue East (a short walk from the Rialto Theater) • Dine at the Westfield Diner on the evenings of our films and 15% of your dinner bill will be donated to the JCC
Thank you to these restaurants for supporting the 10th Annual Jewish Film Festival of Central NJ.
• Advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged; screenings often sell out. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
• The Reserved Seating section is for Film Festival Sponsors only. Reserved seats will be held until ten minutes before show time.
• Film Festival sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more information, visit www.jccnj.org or contact Debra Judd at (908) 889-8800 x318 or email@example.com.
• Films are subject to change/cancellation.
• Note: All screenings will take place at the Rialto Theater, 250 E. Broad St, Westfield.
Ticket Purchase Information
• Online: www.jccnj.org; your printed receipt will be exchanged for your ticket(s) at the theater.
• In Person: At the JCC of Central New Jersey Member Services Desk.
• At the Rialto Theater: Tickets will be on sale at the Film Festival Registration Table starting 45 minutes prior to the start of a film if not sold out.
• By Mail: Mail the Ticket Order Form with your payment to: JCC of Central New Jersey, 1391 Martine Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076. Please make checks payable to: The JCC of Central New Jersey.
• By Phone: Please call the Film Festival Hotline at (908) 889-8800 x208. Your call will be returned within 24 hours to confirm your purchase or answer questions.
• Tickets are NOT available for purchase at the Rialto Box Office.
• Ticket Pick-up: Tickets can be picked up at the Film Festival Registration Table 45 minutes before the films begin.
Ticket Pricing In Advance:
$12 JCC Member/Senior 62+/Student
$14 General Public
Series Subscriber (5 films)
$55 Member/Senior 62+/Student
$65 General Public
At the Door:
$15 General Admission (for all ages)