let’s get together
You asked us to give you more opportunities to socialize, to be entertained
and to be enriched. As a result, FY16 was a busy year with a lot of new Arts &
Education programming in addition to our core Arts & Education programs.
• In February 2016, we hosted our first Girls’ Night Out with a Sip and Paint
party. Everyone created a hand-painted masterpiece, sipped a little wine,
schmoozed and generally had a lot of fun. What a great turnout – it was a
• With your help, we also hosted our first Mah Jongg Party in March which
was attended by close to 100 people.
• Our Sip and Paint and Mah Jongg parties were both so popular that we
followed up with another of each during summer 2016.
• You came out and made our 11th Annual Jewish Film Festival our most
successful yet! Between the fall and spring, we screened ten films, sold
over 3,000 tickets and brought in over $20,000 in sponsorships. The five
spring films received record-breaking attendance – and you came from
far-reaching towns including Livingston, Somerset and Monroe Township!
• Over 200 members enjoyed our annual free December 25th Chinese Food
and a Movie.
• Over 50 people attended our annual One Book/One Jewish Community
book read and each of our University Lecture Series programs. As always,
both were thought-provoking and interesting!
• We also had conversations with authors Steve Katz of Blood, Sweat and
Tears, Arlene Alda (Alan Alda’s wife) and our community’s own Cantor
We did a lot
together at the J!
That was fun!