you always jump right in
• Thanks to our members’ love of the water, our private swim lessons increased 18% – that’s seven years in a row
where we have seen an increase!
• Group lessons were also a favorite; we had 492 participants this year – young and old.
• Because there was more activity in our pools than ever before, we added two new American Red Cross Instructors
to our staff.
• And always with an eye toward safety, we purchased 40 puddle jumpers (new safety jackets for young children) for
our members’ and campers’ use.
• Once again, our indoor pool was home to the Mighty Ducks, a swim team for children with special needs, triathlon
training groups and Union Catholic High School swimmers.
• There were 132 participants on our competitive Barracudas Swim Team – 73% returned from last year. Many of these
Barracudas began with our pre-team programs (Mini-Barracudas and IntraCudas) or our Swim Team Boot Camps!
• The Barracudas’ record was impressive: 13 Individual Team records, 7 Team Relay records, 2 State JCC records and
1 JCC All-Star record. Wow!
• Not only are our Barracudas talented swimmers, but they are also community-minded. There were 11 swimmers who
volunteered 60+ hours on behalf of the Barracudas. Three swimmers coordinated a “Swim-for-Food” donation drive that
collected 400+ pounds of food at our JCC All-Star Swim Meet. All Kosher items were donated to Jewish Family Services.
2015-16 Barracudas Swim Team Season
us get a brand new
record board and other
aquatics upgrades with
your very generous
6 swimmers celebrating
10+ years on the Barracudas!