A Letter from our President and Executive Director
There’s something about this place.
These words are on just about everything we produce
these days. More than just a slogan, these five words have become a call to action for all of us
who work hard every day to make our JCC more than just a center, but a central place in your lives.
That’s why we are introducing our first Annual Report – to share our collective stories and
accomplishments which would not be possible without our professional and dedicated staff,
devoted volunteers and generous donors who come together year after year with a shared
commitment to strengthen and support our community.
With your support, in 2014-15 our community came together to:
• Build a brand new outdoor pool with splash pad features
• Renovate our Early Childhood classrooms to create warmer and more contemporary
• Provide families with tuition assistance to help them through a hard year
• Pilot our first day camp program dedicated to children with special needs with a one-week
Adaptive Sports Camp
• Offer free membership to every 7th grader in our community
• Replace over 50 pieces of cardio equipment in our fitness and spin studios
• Raise enough money to expand our senior program from three to four days a week
• Launch the JCC’s first Infant and Toddler Learning and Care Center, adding the newest core
program to our portfolio of services
…and so much more!
This year, we also saw a change in our Board’s leadership as Erica Needle’s two-year term as
President came to an end. Erica’s vision, leadership and deep commitment to our community has
inspired so many people to become more engaged. We are so grateful for the profound impact
Erica has had on each of us and our entire JCC community.
On behalf of the Board and Staff, we want to thank every one of you who has been a part of our
community this year. It is you – our members, volunteers, staff, donors and friends – who prove
that there’s something special about this place. This past year was remarkable, and our success
was made possible because of people like you.
We are excited to see what our strong
partnership inspires next…